It’s no secret that in-person professional meetings and events have been sluggish in their pandemic-era return. What hasn’t changed is the critical importance of in-person meetings and events to the individuals and organizations that participate in them. As we look to the future of meetings in the Fox Cities, the data is reassuring:
According to the U.S. Travel Association,
- Business travelers are more likely than the general population to be vaccinated.
- With the right protocols in place, 86% of business travelers are looking forward to getting back to business travel.
- Eight in 10 meeting attendees prefer in-person brainstorms and collaborative meetings over virtual ones.
All signs point to hope, and the Fox Cities is prepared and ready to get meetings going. Here are four reasons to consider the Fox Cities as your next destination to host an in-person professional meeting or event:
- Special rates for bookings. Kickstart your planning now for a kickback down the road. Any new proposals originated through the Fox Cities CVB or in partnership with a Fox Cities hotel could be eligible for an incentive starting at $500. In addition to an incentive, working with the Fox Cities CVB to plan your event means you’ll be getting the insight and guidance of our experienced group sales managers who are knowledgeable on best practices and local health guidelines. Visit https://www.foxcities.org/meeting-event-planners/get-meetings-going/ for more details.
- Unique spaces and places. Urban style and amenities mixed with one-of-a-kind natural wonders create memorable and awe-inspiring venues to impress your attendees. The Lodge at Bubolz Nature Preserve sits on 700 acres of unique outdoor habitats while Stone Arch at Riverview Gardens is set atop a bluff overlooking the Fox River. A large array of spaces and places ensures we have the venue to fit any meeting or event.
- Convenience. Located in East Central Wisconsin, Midwesterners will enjoy the easy drivability to the Fox Cities; the greater Appleton area lies about three hours north of Chicago or just over four hours east of the Twin Cities. Prefer to fly instead? Appleton is home to the third largest airport in Wisconsin. The Appleton International Airport (ATW) serves northeast Wisconsin via four major airlines with nonstop services to 11 locations including Chicago, Detroit, and Minneapolis/St. Paul.
- Business to leisure. The spirit of authenticity and creativity run deep in the Fox Cities, creating one of Wisconsin’s finest regions for food, drink, art, and recreation. For those looking to learn something new, the History Museum at the Castle or a walk along the Fox Trot Trail offer opportunities to take in the remarkable history of the region. From Wisconsin Timber Rattler baseball games, to Broadway shows at the Fox Cities Performing Arts Center, to shopping in our thriving downtowns, there is no shortage of activities for attendees to enjoy.
Contact the Fox Cities Convention and Visitors Bureau (FCCVB) convention and sales team to learn more about the Fox Cities at [email protected] or 920-734-3358.