As Milwaukee’s largest hotel with 729 rooms and skyway access to the Wisconsin Center convention and exposition facility, the Hilton Milwaukee City Center is preparing to serve as the headquarters for the upcoming Democratic National Convention (DNC) in 2020. As part of this effort, the property recently announced a new director of events, Christine Lunz, who will oversee all events at the hotel, including assisting the Hilton’s events team with the DNC.
A Wisconsin native, Lunz brings over 16 years of experience in hotel event management to the Hilton Milwaukee City Center. In her most recent role, she served as the director of catering for the Milwaukee Marriott West for seven years. She was also the director of catering and conference services for three years at the Clock Tower Resort & Conference Center in Rockford, Illinois. Lunz began her career and passion for hotel events at The Abbey Resort in Lake Geneva, and is a graduate of the University of Wisconsin – Madison.
“The team at the Hilton is respected across the state for having a personalized understanding of meeting planners’ needs. I am excited to join them, and bring my dedicated spirit of service and focused attention to detail to our clients’ events,” said Lunz. “Whether preparing for an intimate business meeting or a national, multi-day convention like the upcoming DNC, I look forward to creating inspiring and memorable events of every size, purpose and budget.”
Lunz will join an award-winning meetings and events team at Marcus Hotels & Resorts, which owns and manages the Hilton Milwaukee City Center. The team, consisting of six sales managers, collectively brings 40 years of experience to meetings at the Hilton.
According to Linda Price-Topp, vice president of sales for Marcus Hotels & Resorts, “The Hilton Milwaukee City Center offers luxurious grandeur within its historic spaces, as well as modern amenities to compete with any new meetings facility in Milwaukee. Those features, combined with our dedicated team who work every day to craft exceptional events for guests and visitors, is why the Hilton Milwaukee was selected as the headquarters hotel for the 2020 DNC.”
The Hilton Milwaukee City Center, located in the heart of downtown, combines 1920s art-deco style with today’s modern conveniences. The hotel has the most meeting and event space of any hotel in Milwaukee — over 34,000 square feet. Other meeting amenities include:
- State-of-the-art audiovisual equipment.
- Wireless high-speed internet access (which is complimentary in public areas and the business center).
- Access to a personalized online group page.
- Incentives for Hilton Honors Diamond Members, who receive complimentary WiFi and Executive Lounge access.
- Close proximity to travel hubs — three blocks from the Milwaukee Intermodal Station and less than 15 minutes from General Mitchell International Airport.
- On-site dining at Milwaukee ChopHouse, a steakhouse; Miller Time Pub & Grill, which features classic pub fare; Monarch Lounge, the hotel’s lobby bar; or at the Hilton Café, which is open for made-to-order breakfast seven days a week.
From its ballrooms to its outdoor green space, called Sixth and Green, which is available for private events, weddings, receptions and more, the Hilton Milwaukee City Center has diverse accommodations for corporate events, business meetings, galas, weddings and other events of all sizes.