Downtown Milwaukee’s InterContinental Hotel will undergo a significant rebranding resulting in a unique independent arts hotel concept called Saint Kate. Aptly named after the patron saint of artists, Saint Catherine, Saint Kate will be a living art experience highlighting performance as well as visual arts.
The 219-room hotel will feature:
- Art-infused guestrooms with works featured by 10 local Milwaukee artists
- A black-box theatre featuring plays, lectures, classes and musical and dance performances
- Gallery space
- A working Artist-in-Residence studio
- Rotating workshops, screenings and exhibitions
- 11 event spaces, 13,000 square feet of meeting space, three restaurants and numerous bars and lounges
Owned and operated by Marcus Corporation, Saint Kate is currently seeking proposals from artists around the world that will be reviewed by an independent arts advisory board comprised of Milwaukee arts organization leaders and local creative influencers.
About This Post